Date PostedMarch 18, 2023
Location (State / UT)
Desired QualificationMaster’s Degree, Bachelor Degree
Director – Obesity Business Unit based in Bengaluru, India.
As a Business Unit Director for Obesity, you will lead the development and implementation of the India obesity strategy, launch access, sales, and lifecycle management plans and actionable that meet organizational objectives taking into account global marketing guidance and business area strategy. You will work closely with sales and profitability targets planning and roll out to the sales force; allocate area-wise business targets and activity plan to the sales team. You will also be responsible for the bottom-up goal-setting process, managing sales target allocation, territory alignment, distribution to the field, and leading the promotion and implementation of the Novo Nordisk Way. This role directly reports to CVP and GM–India.
Your main accountabilities will be:
- Leading the Business, People Strategy, and Planning for Obesity Business Unit in line with Novo Nordisk Way.
- Coordinating with the Global and Regional obesity teams and driving an effective and forward-thinking cross-functional team, ensuring all stakeholders/customer needs are considered and deliverables are prioritized based on the highest potential to gain patient access and AOM sales within India.
- Developing and keeping a high-performing business unit and engaging employees on personal responsibility by communicating and clarifying the business strategy, to enable integration of all business activity.
- Identifying opportunities to engage with state governments and central government institutions and promote business development and driving public affairs and policy shaping projects, thus leading to positive business outcomes.
- Identify and navigate current and future reimbursement barriers resulting in better disease outcomes for patients and payers, and educate, motivate, and inspire the organization about the Obesity strategy, unmet patient needs, market development, and service redesign.
To be successful in this role, we require you to have a Bachelors’s Degree preferably in science/pharmacy / medical / biotechnology from a reputed institution with MBA from a Premier Business School. You should be proficient in a business perspective and commercial orientation.
- Minimum 15 plus years of experience and knowledge of business planning, marketing, people management, people development, and sales disciplines
- Experience in handling Bariatric surgery portfolio, OTC products, Healthcare / Nutrition products, Cosmetics, and Medical devices would be preferred
- Experience in cross-functional roles like sales, marketing, and medical will be an added advantage.
- Should have a proven track record in delivering results and currently leading a team as well as the ability to instill a sense of purpose, generate enthusiasm and commitment, and rally teams together
- Strong influencing abilities
- Should have led a medium to the large size of business and successfully manage P&L
As a person, you strive to make things happen and have strong strategic planning and strategy execution skills.
Please click on “apply now” to submit your resume in English