Date PostedJune 10, 2023
Location (State / UT)
Expiration dateJuly 10, 2024
Experience7 Years, 12 Years
Desired QualificationMaster’s Degree, Doctorate Degree
Scope of the role:
PREMAS client installations are growing rapidly driving the demand for high-quality training and technical support. We are looking for a Field Applications Scientist Manager to mentor the FAS team and to train and support our customers in India. If you enjoy bringing new technologies to market, embrace challenges, and are capable of fitting in a flexible and multidisciplinary environment, then this position may be for you.
The successful applicant will provide complex application support, troubleshooting, and diagnosis on specialized PREMAS undertaken systems in life science research/clinical settings. The applicant will be responsible to manage and mentor the FAS team and provide operator training on our instruments and teach customers how to experiment on our platforms. This position also has a pre-sales function and works closely as a partner with the sales/marketing team. She/he will also formulate changes in development, maintenance, and system standards.
- Manage and mentor a team of highly motivated and dynamic Field application scientists.
- Provide comprehensive technical training and support for PREMAS client technology like Illumina, 10X Genomics, Twist Bioscience, Covaris, Bionano, and Bioptic. Olink etc, including hands-on wet lab and software training.
- Provide ongoing support and troubleshooting for customers in person, and via phone, email, and web
- Provide pre-and post-sales technical and scientific presentations, to small groups and large audiences, on the use of above technology in life science and clinical research.
- Create and maintain support information in the company enterprise database.
- Develop and implement training plans and courses for internal and external customers.
- Participate in new product development projects as a representative of the commercial and technical support teams.
- Assist in the creation and review of technical materials (manuals, application notes, presentations).
- Follow standard practices and procedures analyzing situations or data.
- M.sc/ M.Tech (PhD. Preferred) degree in a life science discipline with strong NGS background.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on Next generation sequencing experience (2-3 yrs for Ph.D.), preferably in Illumina platforms. Previous experience as a team leader is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot software, instrumentation, and NGS applications.
- Strong communication skills and experience giving scientific presentations.
- Previous experience in a field application position is desirable.
- Experience in Flow Cytometry data analysis and interpretation is plus but not mandatory.
- Basic-level bioinformatics skills would be a plus.
Qualifications: M.Tech, MS/M.Sc(Science), Ph.D/Doctorate
Contact No: +91 7983820377.