Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implementation, integration, and maintaining chemical process safety aspects in manufacturing plants by application of suitable techniques from the development stage to commercialization of existing and new products.
- Process safety discussions for new/ running products for process safety requirements w.r.t Safety testings & plant engineering controls.
- Review operating parameters in the view of various studies like RC, DSC, RSD, ARC, Micro RC, MIE, MIT, Powder resistivity, Dust Explosion, Layer ignition, Ignition sensitivity, Explosion severity, Impact Sensitivity, etc., and make necessary changes in plant operations. Interpret test results & recommend suitable engineering and operational controls.
- Risk assessment of new and existing manufacturing processes through an appropriate method like HAZOP, LOPA, QRA, HIRA, and PSSR and undertake corrective action /preventive measures to minimize potential process safety risks.
- Implement the systems so that process safety requirements are addressed in different stages of the plant i.e. design, projects, commissioning, and operations. Develop process safety information for chemicals and processes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of various controls deployed to avoid process safety incidents. For example: to check the adequacy of cooling/heating, scrubber calculations, etc.
- Identification and evaluation of high-consequence activities/materials and adequate controls.
- Participate and ensure timely investigation of Process Safety Incidents, identification of corrective actions for deviations, and monitoring implementation.
- Checking the effectiveness of controls deployed through HAZOP, QRA, LOPA, and other process safety risk assessment methods.
- Perform various studies to develop process safety information required for HAZOP studies. Effective use of different test results in process risk assessment.
- Evaluate Management of change by application of suitable risk assessment method.
- Additional responsibility could be assigned to the role holder from time to time as a standalone project or regular work.
- Budgetize the process safety requirement & submit a details report.
- Process Safety Management Systematic implementation drive.
Desired Candidate Profile
B.Tech/ M.Tech (Chemical Engineering) & ADIS or PDIS
8-12 Years of industry experience with at least 5 years in Process safety
- Awareness of standards and codes on Process Safety, CCPS guidelines Knowledge and understanding of data from Process tests like DSC, RC, ARC, TSU, Dust explosion, MIE, Powder Resistivity, Layer ignition, Ignition sensitivity, Explosion severity.
- Good understanding of tools of Process Hazard Analysis like QRA, HAZOP, What-if analysis, etc. Experience in Risk Assessments of High consequence events. Well-versed with MS office and adequate skills to communicate in English.