The Regional TA Director, India is accountable to set strategy and successfully lead a team of internal recruiters, TA managers, and external partnerships to effectively attract, hire and maintain a continuous pipeline of well-qualified talent in a cost-effective and timely manner to achieve business objectives.
This role will lead the talent acquisition strategy and TA operational execution for India which includes talent acquisition support for all divisions / functional teams.
Scope of the role will ensure standardization of talent recruitment policies, procedures, practices, tools, & metrics, as well as deliver on the hiring requirements of the business. Major areas of responsibility include developing and executing recruiting strategies and solutions to meet/exceed the business staffing requirements, team management, budget management, and stakeholder management.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop Talent Acquisition strategies aligned to global strategic priorities & relevant to local business requirements in India. Build TA Road map for the affiliate and ensures qualitative and quantitative delivery on talent needs across all businesses.
- Build strong functional expertise across Employer branding, Diversity & Inclusion, large volume hiring models, ATS management, digital & recruiting tools, Analytics, and market intelligence around the talent demand-supply scenario in India.
- Strong team management and influencing skills collaborate across functional COEs/Area/global TA teams for leveraging subject matter expertise to create ongoing value & business impact.
- Ensure recruitment tools and processes are used appropriately and accurately according to global and local guidelines.
- Build and manage sourcing channel utilization strategy and optimization to drive cost efficiencies while balancing speed and quality of hire.
- Keep abreast with external talent landscape & trends, operate with the innovative, solution-oriented mindset to provide creative talent solutions to support dynamic and complex business scenarios during expansion, consolidation, M&A, restructuring, etc.
- Ensure all employment policies, processes, and systems are implemented and aligned with entity guidelines, providing assistance in designing and implementing Employment procedures, policies, and recruiting programs.
- Represent the affiliate in external talent forums and network with senior external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with senior business stakeholders such as commercial GM, DVP, corporate officers, shared function Division leaders, and senior BHR/DBHR team to understand business strategies and translate them into TA implications.
- Actively contribute toward Area/global TA priorities by participating in cross-border projects and initiatives.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with MBA in Marketing or Human Resources will be preferred
- 12+ years of experience with a minimum of 5 years in a TA leadership role having handled large teams in an MNC organization of comparable scale & complexity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proficiency in oral and written English
- Ability to set TA vision, build diverse teams, manage performance, engage, develop and retain talent, demonstrating servant leadership.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and relationship-building skills across levels and functions. Able to lead and influence in a complex matrix environment.
- Successful track record of implementing talent acquisition best practices and transforming an organization by leveraging talent as a competitive advantage.
- Proven experience in understanding and implementing key talent acquisition tools and technologies.
- Previous experience in innovative recruiting techniques, including digital sourcing strategies, is essential.
- Lean principles, continuous improvement exposure, and complex project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply operational expertise using the most advanced tools
- Good with financial planning and budget management
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Competitive drive, strong work ethic, and motivation to learn, grow and succeed.
- Professional, accountable, high energy and collaborative team player