Date PostedMarch 20, 2023
Location (State / UT)
ExperienceFresher, 5 Years
Desired QualificationMaster’s Degree, Doctorate Degree
Alliance Manager – Mumbai
- This position is being created to support Alliance Management with Key Licensing Partners for proprietary products.
- Sun Pharma has licensed several commercial and early-stage proprietary programs for global development and commercialization.
- The Alliance Manager is a cross-functional leader who has either contributed to or directly managed partnerships (specifically license transactions, collaborations, alliances, and/or joint ventures) and has experience with the drug discovery/development process, technology transfer, clinical development, regulatory processes, reimbursement and global commercial dynamics in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Alliance managers can create value through the management of strategic partnerships by working closely with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders across geographies and functions.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage a broad portfolio of partnerships at all stages of their lifecycle with a focus on mutual value creation
- Manage and oversee the financial transaction with support from the finance and taxation team for royalty payments, milestone transactions, withholding taxes
- Identify, understand, and ensure that mechanisms are in place for the governance of partnerships (e.g. on partnership strategy, program prioritization, operating model, processes, etc.)
- Convene and align internal stakeholders for each relevant alliance, ensure effective interactions between the parties, and ensure teams are fully aligned.
- Ensure the team understands and plans for key partnership inflection points that can drive value as well as partner obligations, contractual commitments, and key partnership deliverables
- Ensure decision-making is informed by contract terms with the partner, the partner’s point of view, and any other factors that could affect partnership value
- Proactively identify and drive resolution of key partnership risks and issues
- Provide strategic input to deal teams with regard to partnership agreement negotiations and purpose-focused governance considerations for proactive partner alignment and efficient and effective post-transaction implementation
- Utilize cross-functional knowledge, business acumen, and drug development experience to engage with scientific and business leads across the organization and partner organizations.
- Contribute to cross-functional initiatives to improve Suns partnership management capabilities
- Facilitate cross-functional win/win solutions for issues with the potential to adversely impact the alliance relationship or the mutual value drivers
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Up to 2 years of progressive career with experience in business development, licensing, or managing partnerships and collaborations
- Strong interpersonal skills and business acumen, excellence in building and managing relationships, ability to understand all perspectives, find common ground, and effectively bridge significant differences
- Strong problem-solving, leadership, negotiation, advocacy, and influence skills
- Ability to operate on both strategic and tactical levels and to flex as needed in a fast-paced environment
- High integrity with respect to the maintenance of proprietary and confidential information
Education: M.Pharma, Ph.D/Doctorate in Pharmacy