Develop and Manage Risk Assessment processes and systems across the function to minimize the Environmental risks caused by plant operations. ensuring complete safety and security of all employees with strict adherence to statutory and legal compliances
Process Safety Study and Assessment
- Risk Assessment of new projects & ensure implementation of the recommendation.
- Assessment of Process Study related to powder safety, reactive hazards, flammables, combustibles, heat transfer equipment, and Electrical safety
- To suggest improvement measures affect the assessment of process safety
HAZOP Study of New Product Change in process or change in the facility and recurring HAZOP for existing products after every 3 years
- Support Corporate EHS in conducting business Environment risk assessment, developing and overseeing the execution of the action plan to mitigate these risks thus taking care that no risk areas are left uncovered.
- While doing so ensuring that the current and emerging Environment Risks issues/risks/ concerns are identified and managed to the clear benefit of the company
- Create a proactive action plan to minimize incidents & accidents on the Environment front & ensure implementation of CAPA.
- Develop guidelines/procedures to conduct in-depth incident analysis and accident investigation highlighting the root cause and taking corrective measures
Conducting Process Safety Survey/Studies through Third Party
- Impaneling external consultants and/or internal Process Safety members
- Timely Completion of Project and implementation
For building people’s capacity
- Ensure that the related awareness & education is imparted on risk assessment to the concerned employees at sites as a part of capacity building. Managing an indirect team of 25 Process Safety colleagues in Cipla.
Graduate Engineer in Chemical, Mechanical, or Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry with at least 10 years of EHS experience in chemical manufacturing/ strong understanding of unit operations, reactions in API, and Formulation manufacturing with a focus on risk assessments, Hazard Studies/ practical HAZOPs, and risk mitigation.
Relevant Work Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of the Chemical industry’s global best EHS practices in aspects related to siting layout, plant design, process engineering, chemical reaction hazards, handling of hazardous chemicals, fire safety & static control, emergency preparedness and response, industrial hygiene, EIA, environmental forensics, etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge of EHS legal requirements in India including IS standards, national building code, and good engineering practices.
- Working knowledge of Process Safety Risk assessment tools such as HAZOP, Bow Tie, PHA, etc
- Should have mentored process safety professionals
- Knowledge of Asset integrity/SIS study/Reliability centered maintenance
- Manufacturing/ process engineering knowledge will be of added advantage.