- Date Posted05/10/2022
- Expiration date--
- Experience8 Years, 12 Years
- Desired QualificationMaster’s Degree, Doctorate Degree
- Salary in (₹)Negotiable
- Responsible for all R&D (API) functions including designing schemes of synthesis, and process Development of new APIs and intermediates.
- Lead a team of R&D Chemists / Scientists to develop manufacturing processes for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) and advanced intermediates
- Undertaking literature search and/or similar search philosophy to identify new feasible synthetic routes, designing new processes for screening in the lab. initiating and generating ideas for process development
- Coordinate process validation in terms of Lab scale validation, scale up, Pilot plant trials, commercial trials, process safety studies, etc.
- Leading projects for improving existing processes to deliver higher yields, reducing costs, new synthetic routes, and investigating alternative materials, and techniques to improve efficiency and quality. Developing waste treatment methods for safe disposal of process wastes at a commercial scale
- Ensuring the safety of team members and infrastructure through the right use of PPEs, educating the team on chemical and process hazards, Fire protection initiatives, emergency response, risk assessment, etc.
- Should have hands-on experience in Technology Transfer of developed processes of APIs, Intermediates in Labs to production scale, and have handled end-to-end activities for such projects.
- Troubleshooting & Cost reduction of existing products on the shop floor and quality improvement, Business development, etc.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing, Quality assurance, and Regulatory Affairs in the introduction of new APIs.
- Provide a support service for solving problems concerning product chemistry encountered during life cycle technology management of products
- Understanding challenges of process scale up to commercial scale and direct proactive efforts to find solutions at lab scale
Desired Candidate Profile
Education: MSc. (Organic Chemistry)/PhD. with pharma experience
Experience: Minimum 9 years in the pharma industry