Date PostedMay 28, 2023
Location (State / UT)
Expiration dateFebruary 11, 2024
Desired QualificationBachelor Degree
Be responsible for maintenance of the process safety (major hazards) management system including HAZOP process documentation, training, management of change, quality of process safety incident investigation, CAPA actions, and ensuring that the learnings are imparted sitewide.
Process Safety Management System
Ensure implementation of PSM systems at site/unit in line with global EHS standards
Process Safety Standards Administration
- Surveillance of gap analysis against the PSM Global stds and plan for implementation.
- Be instrumental in delivering PSM training for each to build the competency of the operations team
Major Accident Hazard Assessment & Control
- Monitor compliance to risk assessment requirements and action completion and communicate compliance to management.
- Ensure driving the controls for raw risks in the hierarchy of controls.
- Support as process safety team member for asset integrity programs.
- Monitor and demand for adequate HS1/HS2/HS3/HS4 data for all products handled at site/unit from process owners.
- Ensuring major accident hazard (MAH) risks are controlled to ALARP and involvement in decisions over the selection of the basis of safety for MAH control. This may involve input into the selection, installation, and operation of equipment and inspection/maintenance considerations
- Ensure appropriate BPCS/IP/Reliefs are defined as part of controls in the risk assessment undertaken
- Drive site-level systems in line with global standards and Site EHS Stds.
- Contribute to the submission of required data in the ONSEP plan.
- Coordinate with competent third parties to be engaged to carry out studies such as QRA/PSM audits etc.
Process Safety Culture & Capability
- Help in gathering data for Process safety KPIs in line with global and Site KPIs.
- Drive PSM competency building at the site/unit by defining appropriate training for the workforce.
Investigations & CAPA
- Ensure CAPA actions for incident investigation are driven by a hierarchy of controls.
- Track CAPA for closure & Effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with recommendations from audits, Investigations, etc
Operational Role – Process Safety
- Conduct and lead recommended appropriate risk assessment tools for the management of change.
- Escalate all high process risks to plant and EHS management immediately and help to define temporary controls in coordination with senior management.
- Conduct process safety internal audits to check the availability of LIVE Process P&ID, LIVE HazOp completion of MoC actions, PSSR adequacy, and other similar system adherence.
- Support the operations team on day to day on process safety issues.
- Driving process safety assessments which will depict the LIVE risk status of the plant.
- Handling ambiguity when data is unavailable.
- Building competency of existing employees
This will be overcome by:
- Appropriate tools used for implementation such as RAM matrix to identify major hazards and KPI depiction of PSM Health.
- Empowering the PSM manager to escalate appropriate risk and work in consultation with Site Head. Site EHS Head and Functional head to arrive at appropriate acceptable risk.
Degree in Chemical Engineering with basic knowledge of powder safety hazards and chemical reactivity hazards
Relevant Work Experience:
Minimum 3 years of experience in the industry out of which exposure to the chemical/pharma industry for a minimum of 1-2 years as process engineer/operations engineer/process safety engineer.