Date PostedDecember 25, 2022
Location (State / UT)
Desired QualificationBachelor Degree, Master’s Degree
Business/Regional Manager – GI Optima/Prima
Purpose of Role:
The BM – leads a Team of Area Business Managers to achieve and exceed value and volume sales and 3D (Detailing, Demand Generation, Distribution) objectives for the healthcare brands within budget, time, and policy parameters.
The role achieves its deliverables by:
1) Setting up and nurturing an efficient, well trained, and effective Detailing sales force
2) Establishing appropriate processes and reporting systems to manage the team and
3) Seeking and securing the support of the WH&GI Team.
Overall Sales responsibility of the region:
- Achieve month-wise sales objectives of the region for the entire product range under Team Scope
- Achieve 3D (Detailing, Demand Generation, and Deliverables) business objectives
- Achieve New Product Business Plans through Innovative Sales Management.
- Plan and initiate timely recruitment of all Personnel in the regions ensuring complete manning
- Ensure that all new people who join the region are inducted and trained (in areas of scientific, product knowledge, and detailing practice) well, and as per a pre-defined system
- Conduct and lead the communication meeting and ensure that the entire communication flows down appropriately right till all the MR/TBM levels in the region.
- Set objectives for and coach the Area Business Managers to ensure that they meet their objectives.
- Appraise periodically, the individual performance of direct Reporters against agreed standards of performance, identify areas for improvement, and implement training plans.
- Study all the appraisals sent by Area Business Managers and implement a fair and objective performance management system.
- Prepare developmental plans for Area Business Managers, and TBM’s) in consultation with HR and NSM, and ensure its implementation.
- Manage the aspirations of the entire Team in line with the career progression policy of the company and ensure that the employee turnover of reporting sales team and the outsourced team is within acceptable limits.
- Maintain open communication with the entire team and succeed in building and maintaining enthusiasm and a positive attitude in all of them
- Carry out timely disciplinary measures and separation procedures as appropriate within the company guidelines.
Coverage of Doctors and Pharmacies and Conversion Targets:
- Define an overall Coverage Strategy for each Region and communicate it down the line.
- Study, approve, and ensure implementation of systematic and cost-effective coverage of doctors and Nursing homes as per targets.
- Develop a strategy for New Product sales (Transferred brands) and drive business as per targets
- Set, monitor and ensure achievement of brand-wise and area-wise distribution targets for outlets under direct coverage and also analyze Town wise Growth.
- Study IMS /CMARK audit data on trends in the number of Prescriptions and Prescribers per Area for the company and competitive brands and use the same for
- Lead development of innovative plans/programs in consultations with Marketing/ Trade Marketing / NSMs and in feedback from GPMs.
- Build Strategies for Specialty wise Business development in consultation with NSM and Marketing and ensure effective implementation of the same for Business Objectives.
Liasioning with Trade Team Sales Set-up
- Set up processes and ensure adherence to process to facilitate interaction between WH&GI and Trade Team at all levels
- Feedback system to plug distribution gaps in areas of ISR coverage and Non-Coverage.
- Personal Order Booking System to be followed up and Increased.
Reporting and Administration
- Maintain contact with NSM, discuss issues, follow instructions and report implementation levels.
- Monitor results obtained on a regular basis. Determine deviations from plans, if any, and institute corrective actions as necessary. Report to NSM of any major deviations and suggest corrective measures.
- Study, analyze, verify, approve and control all regional and territory reports.
- Study, analyze, verify and approve travel plans and expenses of Area Business Managers.
- Plan and undertake travel to meet all contact norms, and monitor contacts made by managers with Stockists and KOLs.
- Highlight any special achievements of Area Business Managers, Medical reps, and TBMs.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting from the field / Outsourced team (RME) reports via the Project in charge of outsourced set-up, and meet all reporting schedules to HO.
- Maintain and update periodically the Stockists and Pharmacy lists with coverage plans and keep the database for the Detailing set-up available to all stakeholders
- Ensure that all local statutory requirements are complied with fully in all promotions and programs.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS/ EXPERIENCE
- Qualification- MBA (Sales and Marketing)
- 10 + years of experience in a Sales environment
- Strong knowledge of field sales
- Basic understanding of other functions, especially Marketing & Commercials.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills capable of building strong working relationships and influencing customers and internal teams
- Highly motivating and encouraging as a guide
- Team working spirit and excellent communication skills
- Results-oriented, entrepreneurial and self-motivating
- Tenacious and resilient, driven to achieve even when faced with obstacles
- Sound commercial understanding of business issues and opportunities
- A clear understanding of sales and marketing strategy and planning issues
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to develop strategies, tactics, and measurable implementation
- A basic grasp of regulatory, and legal compliance.